[Gta04-owner] [Community] [News] GTA04 Camera

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Thu Apr 11 00:28:43 CEST 2013

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> One thing isn't clear yet if the 7004 should be really built using a
> GTA04 board inside or if it should be a separately designed motherboard
> since a tablet can be bigger. So it does not necessarily need the
> micro-miniaturization technology of a GTA04. And, it could even come
> with an OMAP4 or i.MX6. But this would need a complete new prototyping
> cycle (time&money) compared to the existing prototype base on the custom
> GTA04.
>
> But if we have two different OMAP boards, we can no longer sum up
> the wishes to estimate GTA04 production batch size.
>
> > That might be interesting for some people!
>
> I am sure...
> ... since there appear to be no news from Spark/Vivaldi.

Sorry to post as a non-subscriber, being someone who just lurks and reads the
archives, but I noticed through lurking on the arm-netbook list that some
work is being done on a replacement for the Vivaldi tablet:

http://lists.phcomp.co.uk/pipermail/arm-netbook/2013-March/006977.html

Obviously, board design is just one small part of making a final product, but
there does seem to be other products that are further along, including an
iMX6 card:

http://lists.phcomp.co.uk/pipermail/arm-netbook/2013-February/006884.html

It would be great if all these different initiatives could pull together and
make their combined efforts pay off in some way.

Paul