[Gta04-owner] [Community] [News] GTA04 Camera

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed Apr 10 22:03:33 CEST 2013

Am 10.04.2013 um 21:52 schrieb Lukas Märdian:

> Am 10.04.2013 15:09, schrieb Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller:
>>> This is a really great news! Now I regret I didn't participate in the
>>> GTA04A4 group tour...
>>
>> Well, there is still some chance that we can build the GTA04A5 this year...
>>
>> Here some statistics from the wishlist:
>> 14	GTA04 boards
>> 4	Letux 2804 (complete devices in Freerunner case)
>> 3	Letux 7004 (tablet)
>> 2	Case kit
>>
>> Nevertheless we need approx. 10 times as many.
>
> Hmm... so the Letux 7004 tablet is for sale/preorder already, and
> benefits the needed GTA04 demand?

Well, you can register any variant on the wishlist which does not
mean that it is/will be for sale. The wishlist is just a tool to collect
some advance information about if the OpenPhoenux community
finds something interesting enough to really invest into a project.

One thing isn't clear yet if the 7004 should be really built using a
GTA04 board inside or if it should be a separately designed motherboard
since a tablet can be bigger. So it does not necessarily need the
micro-miniaturization technology of a GTA04. And, it could even come
with an OMAP4 or i.MX6. But this would need a complete new prototyping
cycle (time&money) compared to the existing prototype base on the custom
GTA04.

But if we have two different OMAP boards, we can no longer sum up
the wishes to estimate GTA04 production batch size.

> That might be interesting for some people!

I am sure...
... since there appear to be no news from Spark/Vivaldi.

-- hns