[Gta04-owner] [QtMoko] Wifi

Hermann Schwärzler hermann.schwaerzler at chello.at
Tue Apr 9 09:17:53 CEST 2013

Hello

On 04/09/2013 12:16 AM, Flemming Richter Mikkelsen wrote:
[...]
> Second, I might have missed something, but I seem to hit this "bug".
> The GUI does not work for me (using the newest QtMoko).
> I tried to manually install libertas firmware just to rule out any
> problems there,
> but it didn't help much.
>
> Is there some way I can debug this or is this a known issue?

The output of iwconfig looks like the libertas-module is not loaded.
Do you see any "libertas" and/or "cfg80211" modules in the output of
lsmod?
If not: try to
modprobe libertas_sdio

> Could there be something I missed?
> I assume I should try with the GDC validation image.

Not necessarily. Try the above with QtMoko. And if the modules loaded
successfully (lsmod lists "libertas_sdio", "libertas" and "cfg80211")
you may try to use the standard QtMoko way of using the WLAN.

> [...]
Greetings
Hermann