[Gta04-owner] AUX Button

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sat Apr 6 19:30:06 CEST 2013

Am 06.04.2013 um 19:07 schrieb Gerhard Rieger:

> Hi,
>
> I recently migrated to gta04. The AUX Button had not worked on gta02
> since some months (pressing it had no effect), and the same is still
> true with gta04. I suspect that - once pressed - the button does not
> return to its idle position. LEDs are working fine.
>
> How can I inquire the button state from HW validation or QtMoko?

2.6-kernel hwvalidation:

	http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-kernel/page/Devices-Overview/#wikititle_8

3.7 kernel:

	evtest /dev/input/aux

> What mechanism should bring the button back after pressing?

The button part sitting on the PCB has a built-in spring with some small force.

If the button is stuck this means that the plastic case has more friction than
the button's spring force.

Please check if it works if you remove the display cover.

If yes, you can try to scratch a little off the plastic parts of the transparent
AUX button part and/or the black plastics. Until it can be moved.

Hope this helps.