[Gta04-owner] Invitation to indicate interest in next batch ofGTA04A5 boards

Joerg Eesmann jeesmann at gmx.de
Fri Apr 5 09:55:47 CEST 2013

On Thu, 2013-04-04 at 15:51 +0200, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
> Am 04.04.2013 um 14:36 schrieb Xavi Drudis Ferran:

> According to my view, to be successful by crowdfunding, we need to "sell" some
> new idea that is unique and not yet worked out. E.g. an Octocore LTE Phablet
> (but that has already been rumoured to come from Samsung) and we are
> not able to get the required technology for it into our hands.
>
> -- hns

I disagree, I observe kickstarter for over half a year now. I like that
page. I have to admit, I am only interested in the technology
category ;)
You do not need to have a new idea there. Almost all projects have an
idea already far developed and need some money for going (stronger) into
the market. And the ideas are not new... yet another arduino board ...
or ... soldering an FPGA to a PCB and give it a fancy name and try
people to get closer to FPGA development is not a new idea. Don't
misunderstand me, I like these projects.
And similar ideas also seem to be no problem, try to count the 3D
printer projects...
So, only with the idea of having a free phone build by a community, I
would say kickstarter is a great marketing chance. Our friends from
OpenPandora used Kickstarter for IControlpad2 and succeded. I would
guess OpenPandora2 will also be a kickstarter project.
So starting a kickstarter project would at least increase our visibility
and grow our community. If it succeed, we gain another chance for a new
batch of GTA04.

The problem is, you need to prepare the marketing on kickstarter. And
here I am completely talent free. So if anyone could do the marketing
part...
just my 2 cents
Joerg