[Gta04-owner] Invitation to indicate interest in next batch of GTA04A5 boards

Bob Ham rah at settrans.net
Wed Apr 3 18:16:33 CEST 2013

On 2013-04-02 20:39, Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Mar 2013 16:19:55 +0000
> Bob Ham <rah at settrans.net> wrote:

>> Are these one-off costs the only ones?  If so, I'm wondering if
>> there
>> is enough interest in the community to raise €3000 to enable new
>> case
>> kits and consequently new cases to become available.  Perhaps this
>> one-off sum can be crowdfunded?

> Once the community has its own case kit(antennas etc...) we would be
> more free to change components on the PCB right?

Not really.  I don't think the availability of case kits will affect
the freedom of users to change components on the PCB.

The advantage of having usable case kits for sale is that it increases
the appeal of the GTA04 boards.  With increased appeal comes more
purchases and so a larger community with more contributors.

At present there don't seem to be any fully working boards for sale at
all.  Nikolaus, are you intending to produce any more GTA04A4 boards if
the GTA04A5 remains financially untenable?

--
Bob Ham <rah at settrans.net>

for (;;) { ++pancakes; }