[Gta04-owner] Replicant images on GTA04 release

Paul Kocialkowski paulk at paulk.fr
Mon Sep 10 22:20:29 CEST 2012

Finally, the first batch of Replicant images for GTA04 is out!

I know it has been a while since I promised images and apologize for
being so late.

So let's start with what works and is implemented in this release:
* Android kernel based on Neil's 3.2 branch
* Audio input/output/mixer, sound during calls on A4 only
* Graphics, that are really fast and usable
* Backlight, leds, battery
* Modem has working calls

Now what does not work (but will probably be improved over the next
releases):
* Headset detection and associated scenarios
* Suspend/resume fails very often
* Audio routing during calls isn't implemented for A3
* Modem has very limited support since I didn't implement all the AT
commands yet
* WiFi, bluetooth, GPS, vibrator and sensors are missing

Here are some notes:
* Sometimes, the modem does USB disconnect and I can't bring it back
using the GPIO node
* Modem is turned on during board bootup (with explicit gpio setting)
but when the phones turns off, the Modem seems still on and keeps
draining power.
* Replicant runs on uSD only since NAND is apparently unreliable with
3.x kernels
* We will switch GTA04 to Android 4.0 in the future if it can be as fast

The images can be downloaded from:
<http://redmine.replicant.us/projects/replicant/wiki/ReplicantImages#Replicant-23-0004>
Just download all the files listed on the GTA04 line.

Installation instructions are:
<http://redmine.replicant.us/projects/replicant/wiki/GTA04Installation>

Build instructions are:
<http://redmine.replicant.us/projects/replicant/wiki/GTA04Build>