[Gta04-owner] Find out if you have a 800 MHz or 1 GHz DM3730 in your GTA04

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon Sep 10 14:01:45 CEST 2012

We had produced some GTA04 with a DM3730CBP100 chip variant (to find out
if the production problems could depend on different chip suppliers) which is
specified for 1 GHz clock (note that it is possible to overclock all variants...).

To make it easier to find out which chip variant is built into a given device,
we have added a tiny patch to U-Boot that reads out the config register
and sets the "mpurate" kernel command line argument to "800" or "1000".

The hw-tester script of the Debian/LXDE can then simply parse /proc/cmdline
to find out and report the max. official clock rate.

Here are the patches:

http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-uboot.git;a=commit;h=944883249116ee86a77689313db94228d93ea333
http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-rootfs.git;a=commit;h=51a287e49bdd1f5a3f7aa745a6eea05b28be6c06

-- hns