[Gta04-owner] A few observations about current QtMoko

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Fri Sep 7 10:54:00 CEST 2012

On Friday, September 07, 2012 10:27:39 AM Sven Dyroff wrote:

> > In fact i am now running out of bugs which i want to fix ;-)
>
> No problem, I can help you!   ;-)))

Please note the "which i want to fix" ;-) I am not planning to fix all bugs -
that is impossible for one person.

You can check how many people work e.g. on Android - which is comparable
project:

http://www.ohloh.net/p/qtmoko
http://www.ohloh.net/p/android

Still i think QtMoko is better in many areas over android.

> So please start the program for manually setting date/time. You'll see
> that your new keyboard lays over the buttons with those you normally would
> adjust month and year. Try to click the field with the year and try to set
> it with the < and > buttons. You'll see that it doesn't work any more,
> because your new keyboard now catches the clicks.  :-(

I believe this is because of finxi theme has always visible the keyboard
button. I dont see this problem in mokofaen (new deault theme for v48).

> And by the way: It's of no use that a keyboard is provided with that only
> letters can be entered, when the active input field only accepts numbers.

The keyboard plugins should receive keyboard layout hint - but the new svg
keyboard is just very basic and does not handle the hint. It should be very
easy draw layouts with numbers only and display upon the hint.

Regards

Radek