[Gta04-owner] [QtMoko] RFC: UI for adding Search to NeronGPS

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Sun Sep 2 11:41:21 CEST 2012

Boudewijn <wankelwankel at yahoo.com> writes:

> On Friday 31 August 2012 01:00:44 xdrudis wrote:
>
>> > - Alternatively, the results could instead be shown in text form in the
>

>> >   search dialog, with a "Go to" button for each one.
>

>> Also good, I think it depends on the use case. Sometimes you want to
>
>> read the description first, (ideally being able to delete results
>
>> from the search) and sometimes you want to see where they are before
>
>> reading any description.
>

> Maybe a combination of the two. Looking at my own use of geographical data, I
> often want to look up the closest by instance of an aptly named street.
> Sometimes not.

Many thanks for the input, guys.  It may take me a while to actually do
this, but I will aim to incorporate your views:
- definitely don't automatically shift or zoom the map
- somehow indicate the results (direction and distance) that are
  offscreen
- provide the results in list form as well, with descriptions and "Go
  to" buttons.

Regards,
        Neil