[Gta04-owner] dead gta04

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon Oct 22 14:49:02 CEST 2012

Hi,

Am 22.10.2012 um 13:03 schrieb joakim at verona.se:

> Hello,
>
> My gta04 no longer seems to work.
>
> I was happily charging it with qtmoko running.
> All of a sudden the screen went greenish, then the device went
> completely dead.
>
> I tried alien-charging the battery, and restarting, but then it was
> completely dead. I left it in a cupboard and later noticed it turned
> itself on, the screen entirely white, and the LED:s blinking furiously.

> That didn't look healthy, so I took out the battery.

Isn't really harmful.
This means that it does not find a kernel. Neither in NAND flash nor on SD card.

Maybe the SD card has contact problems? If it has, the file system on SD may be
damaged beyond automatic repair.

> So, any hints what I should do now?

1. try to read/fsck the SD card externally
2. try to clean the contacts of the SD card