[Gta04-owner] [SHR]scale factor

Boudewijn wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 13 20:37:28 CEST 2012

Hi Denis,

On Saturday 13 October 2012 16:29:15 "Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli" <gnutoo at no-
log.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Oct 2012 13:04:54 +0200
>
> Boudewijn <wankelwankel at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > On Friday 05 October 2012 23:47:20 Boudewijn wrote:
> > > Hi List,
> > >
> > > I haven't been able to figure out how to set the scale factor to 2
> > > in SHR.
> >
> > I found the property in /etc/profiles.d/elementary.sh, where it
> > actually said export ELM_SCALE=2
> >
> > I'm giving it a try with ELM_SCALE=1 and with ELM_SCALE=2.0, to see
> > if either option gives any improvement.
There might be something wrong in my MLO or other part of the boot partition:
I haven't been able to boot the last couple of days, so no result on that one.

> > (The issue I had, was that only a small part of the screen was
> > visible, stretched over the whole physical display.)
> wrench->look->scalling has the scalling....

Thanks, but I'm not able to get to the property via the GUI: it's all blown
up, not allowing me to see more than a fraction of the top left part of the
screen (all very big and fuzzy).

Is it indeed ELM_SCALE in /etc/profiles.d/elementary.sh that has to be set to
set things "right" ? Which value should it have?

I'll download the latest image and try with a cleanly partitioned and filled
uSD card. Followed with an email to the list on completion ;-)

Best regards,

Boudewijn