[Gta04-owner] Questions about OpenPhoenux 2804

Boudewijn wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 11 00:01:21 CEST 2012

On Wednesday 10 October 2012 09:56:14 Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
> > 6) May I use st2205 or similar devices with gta04 as a second display?
> > http://ssl.bulix.org/projects/lcd4linux/wiki/st2205
>
> Hm. I have no idea how it is connected. The GTA04 has a TVout (standard
> NTSC or PAL 75 Ohms). So you can connect an analog TV set as a second
> screen.
>
> Another approach is IMHO to connect through USB/WLAN and ssh and use
> X11 forwarding or VNC.
As I understand, yes, you'd be able to. Your GTA04 is a pocket workstation,
not a golden cage. Anything (as good as) you can throw at your laptop/desktop
that can be compiled for ARM (full Debian, but Gentoo as well as it compiles
itself), will run on your phone.

Any peripheral that connects to your standard workstation, connects to your
GTA04 as well, as long as you take a mini-to-normal USB convertor and an
external power supply for your external bluray burner.

Its the best there is, for the foreseeable future.

Best regards,

Boudewijn