[Gta04-owner] New antenna for 4G/3G/GSM

Bob Ham rah at settrans.net
Tue Oct 9 16:26:33 CEST 2012

On Tue, 9 Oct 2012 15:58:13 +0200, Flemming Richter Mikkelsen
<quatrox at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 9, 2012 1:22 PM, "Bob Ham" <rah at settrans.net> wrote:

>> > Here is the english press release:
>> >
>> >       <http://www.sofant.com/news2012100301.php>
>> >
>> > Let's keep an eye on it for future GTA0x devices!
>>
>> Fascinating technology but these lines doused my excitement somewhat:
>>
>> "Sofant has integrated three core technologies to create the world's
>> smallest smart antenna.  The family of two designs comprise the tunable
>> RF
>> MEMS modules and Sofant Intelligent Software. The technologies can be
>> licensed individually or as a single smart micro antenna system."
>>
>> It looks like the antenna requires proprietary software :-/
>
> Or maybe they mean license for manufacturing the antennas.

"Sofant realises smart and software driven antenna and RF solutions for
mobile devices. The technology allows the antenna to be miniaturized as
well as being intelligent through the power of Sofant Intelligent Software
(SISTM), SGATM antenna designs, SUMTM switches and proprietary algorithms."

-- http://www.sofant.com/tech.php

"software driven antenna" and "proprietary algorithms" :-/

--
Bob Ham <rah at settrans.net>

for (;;) { ++pancakes; }