[Gta04-owner] New antenna for 4G/3G/GSM

Bob Ham rah at settrans.net
Tue Oct 9 13:21:57 CEST 2012

On Tue, 9 Oct 2012 08:45:36 +0200, "Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller"
<hns at goldelico.com> wrote:

>> I found the following article (in Dutch, but perhaps an English
>> version can be found from its source) about a new antenna that's been
>> developed for new mobile communication:

> Here is the english press release:
>
> 	<http://www.sofant.com/news2012100301.php>
>
> Let's keep an eye on it for future GTA0x devices!

Fascinating technology but these lines doused my excitement somewhat:

"Sofant has integrated three core technologies to create the world's
smallest smart antenna.  The family of two designs comprise the tunable RF
MEMS modules and Sofant Intelligent Software. The technologies can be
licensed individually or as a single smart micro antenna system."

It looks like the antenna requires proprietary software :-/

--
Bob Ham <rah at settrans.net>

for (;;) { ++pancakes; }