[Gta04-owner] [QtMoko] Wifi

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Thu Nov 29 13:49:49 CET 2012

On Thursday, November 29, 2012 12:49:53 PM Griera wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I am trying to use the wifi GTA04, but did not work. I've done:
>
>    root at neo:~# apt-get install libertas-firmware wireless-tools
>    root at neo:~# root at neo:~# sh /opt/qtmoko/bin/wifi-poweron.sh
>        error binding control socket, seems udevd is already running
>        WARNING: All config files need .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/options, it
> will be ignored in a future release. root at neo:~# iwconfig
>        hso0      no wireless extensions.
>        lo        no wireless extensions.
>        usb0      no wireless extensions.
>        pan0      no wireless extensions.
>    root at neo:~#
>    root at neo:~# iwlist pan0 scan
>        pan0      Interface doesn't support scanning.
>
> Any clue what I'm doing wrong?

QtMoko has gui for wifi in settings->internet. No need to install the firmware
and tools - they are already in QtMoko tarball. The wifi-poweron.sh was used
with old kernel. Now wifi is managed with rfkill. But this applies only if you
want to do it from command line. GUI works out of box.

Regards

Radek