[Gta04-owner] Bluetooth handsfree unit

"Benedikt Bär | Relamp.tk" beniwtv at relamp.tk
Tue Nov 27 14:49:57 CET 2012

On 11/26/2012 04:56 PM, Gilles Filippini wrote:
> Radek Polak a écrit , Le 26/11/2012 16:13:
>> On Monday, November 26, 2012 03:11:23 PM Gilles Filippini wrote:
>>
>>> I haven't succeeded in setting up my GTA04 to work with a Bluetooth
>>> handsfree unit. I have two such devices (Jabra BT2035 and Lenco BT25),
>>> and the result is the same with both of them:
>>> * pairing does work
>>> * I can answer and end calls
>>> * but no sound on either side, whatever sound profile I select during
>>> the call: bluetooth headset, speaker, earpiece.
>>> * btw, none of these profiles is selected when the call starts.
>>> * I can hear an occasional sound artifact from time to time on the
>>> device, independently of the call context.
>>>
>>> The devices work correctly when paired with my eeepc.
>>>
>>> Any clue?
Hi,

Today I had some more time to play with this, and compare QtMoko to
other phones (Samsung with Bada OS and Samsung with Android 2.3).

I have a Sony car kit from which I make tests:

1) Both phones can pair fine with it. QtMoko also pairs fine, no
problems here.

2) If I touch "Connect", both phones connect to both headset and
A2DP/AVRCP connections. On QtMoko on the other hand, I have two connect
buttons, one for headset and one for A2DP. I can't connect to both.
Probably the UI needs to be refreshed to only show "Connect" and connect
automatically, like any other phone does.

I'm missing an "advanced" settings on both these phones though, in which
I could select to which services to connect to. If we could implement
that in QtMoko that would give us an edge over other phones.

3) Once connected, on both my phones ALL sounds will be routed to the BT
headset via A2DP protocol. No special bluetooth support required for
apps. Once a call comes in, the car kit switches to the headset
connection, and the dialer then uses that to output sound. Thus, even if
music is playing, while there is a call you will not hear it.

In QtMoko on the other hand, it asks me whether I want to play sounds
over BT, which none of my other phones do. So this could probably be
removed. We probably can just assume if I connect A2DP that I want to
play all sounds over BT. Could be made configurable under advanced
settings though, in any case.

I hope that this weekend I can have a deeper look at the code.

Ben