[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v49

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Tue Nov 27 01:34:22 CET 2012

Radek Polak <psonek2 at seznam.cz> writes:

> On Sunday, November 25, 2012 07:10:51 PM EdorFaus wrote:
>
>> Of course, automatic rescanning can be nice in some circumstances - so
>> it could still be an option - but I'm not so sure it should be default,
>> and definitely shouldn't be mandatory like it is now. (Even if the bug
>> is fixed, if it rescans at the wrong time, it might move your intended
>> target just as you press it...)
>
> I think that it should be fixed in a way that once the network is displayed it
> will never change it's index. Just never remove the items, only update signal
> and append new entries at the end.

Hmm, I'm not sure about that.  If I'm connecting in a cafe, I don't
really want to see the list of SSIDs that I normally have at home and at
work as well - which is what seems to happen at the moment.  Even if
they are all marked as "unavailable", it's messy for them to be there.
Also I guess the cafe's SSID might then be added at the end of the list
in a position where I can't see it without scrolling down.

> I think the automatic rescan is quite needed - in many cases the network is
> not displayed on the first scan, but it appears on the second scan...

I definitely agree with this.

Once a wireless connection is established, though, does QtMoko need to
carry on scanning periodically in the background?  Does it use more
energy to do that?

Regards,
        Neil