[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v49

Sven Dyroff S.Dyroff at phytec.de
Thu Nov 22 16:07:14 CET 2012

> I prefer more generally usable setups. I want to exchange the card,
> especially its media data, with more stupid devices, e.g. my camera.
> This means:
>
> p1 - large FAT for gta04-init etc, and for media
> p2 - distro 1 e.g. QtMoko
> p3 - distro 2 e.g. SHR

This was also my first thought, but it has one big disadvantage: If you
for some reason remove the MLO, then you need to reformat this partition
in order to make it bootable with a new MLO again. This would mean that
you loose all your media data.

That's the reason why it's good not to pack this all in one partition, but
to suggest:

p1: gta04-init and rescue
p2: media and other distro-common/shared data
p3: distro 1
p4: distro 2
pn: distro m

Best regards