[Gta04-owner] Power in suspend (was Re: New GTA04 installation!)

Christoph Mair christoph.mair at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 14:18:18 CET 2012

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 2:01 PM, Radek Polak <psonek2 at seznam.cz> wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 20, 2012 11:37:28 AM Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>
>> BTW: it is even worse if the modem sees some base stations but they
>> don't receive the answers. I have seen the modem alternate every 30
>> seconds between 3-10 mA and 200 mA.
>
> Hi Nikolaus,
> have you actually tried to meassure the current drawn by modem or is this
> number just from the modem specs?
>
> It would be nice to know that modem is not eating our battery. With 3.5 kernel
> i have ~30mA in suspend so there must be still something eating those
> 20..27mAmps then..
>
> Btw do you have idea why A3 users have better the suspend numbers? (i cant
> check but IIRC someone with A3 reported better numbers, is it true?)

I have ~24mA (on A3) with latest QtMoko and an invalid SIM (disabled
by operator). I got 18mA once a few month ago. Be sure that the gyro
is powered down correctly. It will eat up to 7mA if it isn't, but this
usually happens only if you connect the USB cable before inserting the
battery.

Tonight I can test again with a valid SIM card.

Best regards,
  Christoph