[Gta04-owner] Successful metamorphosis GTA02 -> GTA04

Joachim Meyer jewmeyer at web.de
Sat Nov 17 13:18:14 CET 2012

Hello,

I can report another case of successful conversion from GTA02 to GTA04. If
anybody is interested, I can provide some high-res images I took during the
procedure.

Let me first thank everybody for making this possible, especially Nikolaus,
NeilB and Radek!

So far, I have installed (in this order):

LXDE    http://download.goldelico.com/gta04/20121030-GTA04-Production/
QtMoko v48    http://sourceforge.net/projects/qtmoko/files/GTA04/qtmoko-
debian-gta04-v48.tar.gz/download
QtMoko v49 rc1
http://sourceforge.net/projects/qtmoko/files/Experimental/qtmoko-debian-gta04-
v49.tar.gz/download (well, actually the version from 9-Nov-2012)

Maybe, I should tell a few words about myself: Almost 20 years ago, I used to
develop in C, but I have been doing other stuff in between. In recent years, I
have mostly developed in Java and Python.

I would be interested in working a little on NeronGPS. Now, I'm wondering how
to best set up a development environment. The buildhost using QEMU as prepared
by Radek could be an option:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/qtmoko/files/BuildHost/

I'd be grateful if someone who already set up a dev environment for QtMoko (or
programs that can be launched by it) would share some hints and
recommendations.

Thank you,
Joachim