[Gta04-owner] Modem crashing?

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Thu Nov 15 17:35:37 CET 2012

On Thursday, November 15, 2012 02:47:49 PM Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> Sorry for picking up such an old thread, but the issue was somewhere at my
> to-do list:
>
> Finally I have tried a patch and the annoying "hso received invalid serial
> state notification" has gone:
>
> 	<http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-
kernel.git;a=commit;h=f24d0f3a55794c687
> 3cc8bf8079a1a0f1bc45992>
>
> But I don't know if it solves any real world problem and is related to the
> USB port renumbering problem.

I am trying to reproduce the problem, but i cant invoke the reenumeration even
with not-patched kernel. I was before playing with the modem and disabled the
GPS with:

	AT_OIFACE="GPS",0

could this also affect somehow the reenumeration? I also wonder if we could
save some power by disabling gps - and maybe something else from this:

AT_OIFACE?
DIAG: 1
GPS: 0
APP1: 1
APP2: 0
PCSC: 0
IP: 1
MODEM: 1
VOICE: 0
SD: 0
CD: 0

I wonder what "IP", "APP1" and others mean. I couldnt find any documentation
on this...

Anyways i have cherry-picked your commit for next qtmoko version and i will
now comment out AT_OPSYS=0,2 to enable 3g and we will see if the reenumeration
will be gone. And i could finally get rid of the ugly patch that deals with
reenumeration.

Thanks a lot for the work!

Regards

Radek