[Gta04-owner] The sound level changes with or without remote USB cable

Marc Langlois langlois.marc at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 22:25:32 CET 2012

Hi,

This summary is perfectly correct.

I made this order list:
amixer set 'Analog' 5
amixer set TX1 'Analog'
amixer set 'TX1 Digital' 12
amixer set 'Analog Left AUXL' nocap
amixer set 'Analog Right AUXR' nocap
amixer set 'Analog Left Main Mic' cap
amixer set 'Analog Left Headset Mic' nocap
arecord | tee record.wav | aplay

Here is my test procedure:
Initially with USB cable on the mobile phone (approximately 10
seconds), then I remove the cable (approximately 10 seconds).
In both cases, I hear my voice (with and without cable). Note: The
signal is partially noisy.

I'm a little surprised by this result.
Is it possible that the "noise reduction" or "Echo Reducer" cut my
voice to my corespondant?
But the main question is:
What is the difference between a call with or without USB cable ?
There must hardware and software differences.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Marc Langlois