[Gta04-owner] Host AP mode

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Thu May 31 09:44:12 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Thu, 31 May 2012 09:28:58 +0200
Neil Jerram <neil at ossau.homelinux.net> wrote:

> Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info> writes:
>
> > Basically send something bigger over the network, exclude as much possible
> > bottlenecks as possible.
>
> I downloaded Radek's video onto my laptop, then used scp to transfer
> onto the phone over Wifi and USB.
>
> Over Wifi:
>
> neil at neil-laptop:~/Downloads$ scp impossible_is_nothing2.mp4 root at 192.168.24.104:/media/card/
> impossible_is_nothing2.mp4                    100%   18MB 113.3KB/s   02:45
>
> scp initially reported the transfer speed as around 2Mb/s, but then it
> dropped steadily until settling at around 100Kb/s.

That is the rate seen from sending side, so scp can first fill up local buffers,
which is of course fast, and then has to wait for the network. That is the explanation
for the 2MB/s at the beginning. But it is another slow wifi experience with 3.2.
I finally know I am not alone, as Neil Brown said it is time to ask upstream.

Greetings
Andreas Kemnade