[Gta04-owner] Host AP mode

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Wed May 30 17:57:52 CEST 2012

Hi Neil,

On Wed, 30 May 2012 10:20:14 +0200
Neil Jerram <neil at ossau.homelinux.net> wrote:

> Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info> writes:
>
> > Is that problem only with GTA04A4+Kernel3.x or also with GTA04A3+Kernel3.x?
>
> I have GTA04A3 and am running a 3.x kernel.  Subjectively I haven't
> really noticed how fast (or slow) my Wifi is going, but if you would
> like to specify a test for me to run, I'd be happy to run it and report
> the result.

Basically send something bigger over the network, exclude as much possible
bottlenecks as possible.
I did just a simple (besides of noticing that apt-get shows
low rates even with big files)
ssh somewhere_near_you "cat /dev/zero" | buffer -z 128k >/dev/null
on the freerunner. Let that run long enough so that values can stabilize.
In the beginning, values will be too low because the time needed for
possible dns resolving, logging in is also taken into account.
But the transfer is, that influence goes to zero.
somewhere_near_you should be in your LAN.

Best is to have the same userspace with both kernels.

Greetings
Andreas Kemnade