[Gta04-owner] 3.4 kernel for GTA04.

NeilBrown neilb at suse.de
Tue May 22 00:40:33 CEST 2012

On Mon, 21 May 2012 15:21:54 +0200 Radek Polak <psonek2 at seznam.cz> wrote:

> On Monday, May 21, 2012 10:30:55 AM NeilBrown wrote:
>
> > Hot on the heels for the release of 3.4 from Linus, I'm happy to
> > announce
> >    git://github.com/neilbrown/linux.git gta04/3.4.y
> >    git://neil.brown.name/gta04 3.4-gta04
> > Reports of success and failure are always welcome.
>
> Nice, i am now running 3.3 kernel on the phone for 2 weeks and it looks good.
> I will start with 3.4 testing and if all goes right it will be the kernel for
> next qtmoko version.
>
> Btw i have noticed one thing with 3.3 kernel. I have some 640x480 videos and
> they play nicely with 3.2 but with 3.3 they are quite slow. But i havent
> looked at it further. I will try look into it later when i have some time.

No idea what would cause that - the video subsystem is still mostly a
block-box to me.

How hard would it be for me to add qtmoko bits to my current Debian install
so I could test things out without committing to just qtmoko?  Is there a
debian package I can install?  Or an apt-source I can add?
Or can I just copy "/opt" from the tar ball and go from there?
And am I correct that QTmoko can run directly on the frame buffer or over
X11??

Thanks,
NeilBrown