[Gta04-owner] hmc5883 iio driver find way to mainline

Belisko Marek marek.belisko at gmail.com
Fri May 11 09:36:09 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 8:58 AM, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller
<hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
> Hi Marek,
>
> Am 10.05.2012 um 21:53 schrieb Belisko Marek:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> last week I was working on adding hmc5883 to actual kernel but one
>> guy was faster and seems patches are mostly accepted by iio maintainer
>
> What a bummer.
Yes I have exactly the same patches as him (fortunately work take just
4 hours) so not that bad ;)

>> (http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.iio/4098)
>
> Is that driver acceptable by us (GTA04 needs) or do we need something different?
GTA04 have hmc5883 which is working fine with that driver. We just
need to add some lines
to board file.

>> Do we have some support in current userspace to test (qtmoko, shr?) such a
>> feature?
>
> How does it report values? How can it be controlled?
Everything is done via sysfs (settings). For getting values there is
/dev file automatically created
which could be used for getting data.

>> Regards,
>>
>> marek
>
> rgds, Nikolaus
>

>> --
>> as simple and primitive as possible
>> Marek Belisko - OPEN-NANDRA
>> Freelance Developer
>>
>> Ruska Nova Ves 219 | Presov, 08005 Slovak Republic
>> Tel: +421 915 052 184
>> skype: marekwhite
>> twitter: #opennandra
>> web: http://open-nandra.com