[Gta04-owner] hmc5883 iio driver find way to mainline

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Fri May 11 08:32:04 CEST 2012

On Thursday, May 10, 2012 09:53:48 PM Belisko Marek wrote:

> last week I was working on adding hmc5883 to actual kernel but one
> guy was faster and seems patches are mostly accepted by iio maintainer
> (http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.iio/4098)
>
> Do we have some support in current userspace to test (qtmoko, shr?) such a
> feature?

Not yet in QtMoko. I have just finished support for GTA04 vibra motor.
Accelerometer, compass and barometer are not yet done. I doubt there are even
framework classes [1] for these, since such hw is quite new. Maybe for the
compass and barometer it would be enough to have application that reads and
displays values directly from kernel?

Anyway - any patches are welcome.

Regards

Radek