[Gta04-owner] Home printed cases

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Tue May 8 07:17:11 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Mon, 07 May 2012 12:13:45 +0100
Bob Ham <rah at settrans.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 2012-05-03 at 14:23 +0200, Andreas Kemnade wrote:
>
> > you have seen my experiments using my reprap, a 0.5mm nozzle with the back part?
>
> Yes, I thought I had seen a reprap'd case in the past, thanks.
>

> > They look a bit better I think.
>
> They do, yes.  I think part of the problem with my print is that the
> Cupcake is not the best printer.  It has quite an old, large nozzle,
> it's pretty rickety, etc.  As I mentioned, I'll be building my own
> reprap so perhaps if the prints are of high enough quality it won't be
> necessary to start a new design from scratch.

AFAIK, the design was adapted to meet the specifications of slyparts, but
perhaps some walls can be made thicker where size is not that critital so
it can be printed with more 3d printers.
What is the easiest way to change the wall size? using the stl files in blender?
Using the non-stl files in freecad?

> > I still think that redesigning the thing would be a good idea, but then I think
> > it should be parameterized, so that you can easily change thickness of walls
> > and so on.
>
> I'll be happy to test any designs you come up with ;-)

Well first, I try something very simple, just to tie it to my reprap where
requirements are low.

Greetings
Andreas Kemnade