[Gta04-owner] Modem closes serial line after active calls (sometimes)

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Thu May 3 13:10:42 CEST 2012

On Thursday, May 03, 2012 11:46:40 AM Simon Busch wrote:

> Supporting use case like this and providing a common solution is
> somewhat hard. I am not planing to do this for FSO as the one and only
> solution but trying to see if it helps. There will be a reinitialization
> of the transport if it HUP's like Radek did for qtmoko too.

It would be better if we could handle this on kernel level somehow. Right now
we need these ugly workarounds for QtMoko, FSO and oFono. I am not happy at
all having code like in QSerialPort:

	if(not read anything for 10s && port=/dev/ttyHSO_Applications)
		restart_qtmoko();

IIRC the problem with USB reenumerating happens even when on 2G - but i am not
100% sure - i havent seen it for long time.

Maybe one well placed delay in kernel could solve this? Nikolaus reported that
if you enable debug/verbose for the hso driver, it's not happending. Maybe
crazy idea - replace all printk's with small delay and see what happens?

Regards

Radek