[Gta04-owner] Vibrasound on 3.2 kernel

NeilBrown neilb at suse.de
Fri Mar 16 00:39:27 CET 2012

On Thu, 15 Mar 2012 22:53:02 +0000 Radek Polak <psonek2 at seznam.cz> wrote:

> On Thursday 15 March 2012 14:04:00 Christoph Mair wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 1:25 PM, Radek Polak <psonek2 at seznam.cz> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > is vibration working in 3.2 kernel?
> >
> > IIRC yes. You have to tweak the alsa mixer settings but then you can
> > listen to your music using the vibramotor.
> > Just fire up mplayer and play around with alsamixer.
>
> Btw is it also possible to do vibrations without alsa? While alsa is nice toy,
> it would be IMO nicer for telephony to use /sys files like on GTA02. This has
> the advantage that if alsa for some reason does not work for ringtone, you
> will still have the phone vibrating. And if you have just vibrations for
> incoming call, you can even switch the alsa scenarios before you answer the
> call.

Yes, I think I would prefer the vibrator to be controlled more like LEDs too.

It looks like you can define
   CONFIG_TWL4030_VIBRA
and get an 'input' device that uses the 'force-feedback' input driver
functionality to cause vibration.
You would need some platform data configuration in the 'board' file to make
it work.

See drivers/input/musc/twl4030-vibra.c

I might try to make it work if I find time.

NeilBrown