[Gta04-owner] Antwort: QtMoko v45
S.Dyroff at phytec.de
Thu Jun 14 10:17:59 CEST 2012
thank you very much! I was very curious to try out your new keyboards at
once. So I flashed the new SD card image, booted the GTA04A4, called
"notes" from "applications" and played with them. My result: Absolutely
great! These keyboards are a real big step forward in usability of Qtmoko!
After that I had one more note in the list, but I didn't need it because
it was just for testing. So I called the menu in order to delete it again.
Result: System hangs and had to be restarted!
Again I called "notes" from "applications". My note had indeed been
removed from the list. I choosed "new" from the menu, created another note
just for testing with success. Then I once more choosed "delete" from the
menu. Result: System hangs! Calling and working with the task manager was
still possible, but after leaving it, system hangs! Had to be restarted.
Hoping you still have time and much pleasure in doing work for Qtmoko...
Von: Radek Polak <psonek2 at seznam.cz>
An: community at lists.openmoko.org
Kopie: gta04-owner at goldelico.com
Datum: 12.06.2012 22:40
Betreff: [Gta04-owner] QtMoko v45
Gesendet von: gta04-owner-bounces at goldelico.com
QtMoko v45 is out now. You can get images for GTA02 (Freerunner) here
GTA04 (Phoenux) here.
For more info about QtMoko please visit our homepage .
This is list of changes since previous v44 version:
* fixed wifi password not saving problem
* new big transparent keyboard
* GTA04 has new 3.4 kernel thanks to Neil Brown
* GTA04 has now vibra motor support
* show atmospheric pressure on home screen on GTA04 (Neil Jerram)
* removed all other input methods from build
* display wifi icon in title bar
* run ping on default DNS when wifi icon is clicked
* gps icon in title bar with number of satellites and fix indicator
* gps has now api for number of satellites
* gps plugin for GTA04 now makes gps always enabled
* GTA04 charge indicator is polling battery every 30s
* GTA02 gps - checking for ntpserver available with ping (Jiri Pinkava)
* qterminal can now run scripts using setDocument() api method
* scripts for powering on/off modem on GTA04A04
* charging udev rules for GTA04 (Neil Brown)
* options to boot from all mmc partitions in shutdown ui
* build fixes and various code improvements (Yann Dirson)
* added new freecell game
Probably most noticeable is new keyboard. It has two layouts - one
for terminal and one for SMS. They look like this:
Layouts are completely customizable. You can easily change key size,
background. It's very easy to add international characters and new
Just have a look at /opt/qtmoko/etc/im/svgkbd/ The layouts are normal svg
images. You can use inkscape to open and edit them. It should be very
what to do. Only thing to explain is how you should name the key XML
In Inkscape go to Edit->XML editor and click on key. The element name must
For possible QtKeycode values check this link and for unicode values
your favourite unicode character map.
Please not that my layouts are just very simple. If you manage to create
better ones i will be glad to replace them. I can also make your national
keyboards variants easily installable from qtmoko apps page.
As for the other changes - you can now make clickable elements in themes
launch scripts in qterminal. So e.g. you can have icon on homescreen with
favourite script. For example how to do it check what happens when you
the new wifi icon in finxi theme (search for setDocument string here ).
Another nice thing is atmospheric pressure indicator on GTA04 homescreen
number of gps sattelites/fix indicator on title bar.
One more is freecell game - you can now waste a lot of time here :)
GTA04 owners can now enjoy latest 3.4 kernel thanks to Neil Brown's
kernel work. I have been running this kernel for several days and all
perfectly. No regressions were spotted. Many thanks for this Neil.
Thanks also everyone for their support and work.
Enjoy the release!
Gta04-owner mailing list
Gta04-owner at goldelico.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Gta04-owner