[Gta04-owner] Beta Tester's Report on qtmoko v40

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Tue Feb 28 00:06:47 CET 2012

Sven Dyroff <S.Dyroff at phytec.de> writes:

> Handling the touch
> I don't think that I'll get familiar with that behaviour. For me it's just
> nasty. Please give me at least a hint where I can play with what values and
> I'll try to squeeze out a more comfortable touch reaction.

I think you said before that it was too jittery - is that correct?  I
think I'm sometimes seeing the same problem.

I don't know what the solution is, or even how to investigate further,
but:

- I think I remember a mailing list thread about dejittering support
  having been removed from the kernel recently (approx in the last year
  or so), and hence needing to be added to tslib instead.  Or perhaps
  vice versa?

- When googling for this, I came across tsc2007_platform_data, and its
  max_rt, poll_delay and poll_period fields that were recently added by
  Thierry Reding.  I wonder if these fields might help us?

  For GTA04 the tsc2007_platform_data struct initialisation (in
  arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-omap3gta04.c) doesn't set these fields, so I
  presume they're all implicitly 0.

I wondered about experimenting with those fields, but it would be a
major pain to have to rebuild and reinstall the kernel for every set of
values to try.

Any other thoughts on dejittering?

      Neil