[Gta04-owner] 3D printed GTA04 case

Lukas Märdian lukasmaerdian at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 25 12:38:44 CET 2012

On 24.02.2012 22:29, Alexander Lehner wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Feb 2012, Lukas Märdian wrote:
>
>> Hey!
>>
>> Today I received the next prototypes of the 3D printed case for the
>> GTA04 from Shapeways:
>> Front cover + Speaker bottom (pictures are attached)
>>
>> I ordered the front in "Frosted Detail", which is a really great
>> material. It's very smooth and has a translucent appearance (like those
>> half-transparent GameBoys).
>>
>> I have a complete 3D printed case for my GTA04 now ? that's awesome!
>> Still, the middle part needs some more work, as the buttons don't work
>> quite well, yet.
>>
>> Basically the status is like this, at the moment:
>> Battery cover        ? done.
>> Stereo Speaker top    ? done.
>> Stereo Speaker bottom    ? done.
>> Front Cover        ? done.
>>     Should be tested with a "Strong & Flexible" material as well.
>

> Lukas - great job!
> I've just ordered the front part in 'white strong & flexible polished'
> and in 'black strong & flexible'.
> I'll let you know about my experiences as usual.
>
> Apart from that it's always fun, to add some of these little shapeways
> toys to the basket ;)
>
> Thanks for your efforts -
>
> Alex.

Hi,

excellent!
I'm very glad you help to test the parts. :)

Please note that 'White Strong & Flexible Polished' is unsupported at
the moment (as stated at the project page), as the polishing process
negatively influences the fit.

Furthermore, I've just updated the project page (and Shapeways) with
some better pics, which are also attached.

Cheers,
  Lukas