[Gta04-owner] 3D printed GTA04 case

Lukas Märdian lukasmaerdian at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 24 20:20:56 CET 2012

Hey!

Today I received the next prototypes of the 3D printed case for the
GTA04 from Shapeways:
Front cover + Speaker bottom (pictures are attached)

I ordered the front in "Frosted Detail", which is a really great
material. It's very smooth and has a translucent appearance (like those
half-transparent GameBoys).

I have a complete 3D printed case for my GTA04 now – that's awesome!
Still, the middle part needs some more work, as the buttons don't work
quite well, yet.

Basically the status is like this, at the moment:
Battery cover		– done.
Stereo Speaker top	– done.
Stereo Speaker bottom	– done.
Front Cover		– done.
	Should be tested with a "Strong & Flexible" material as well.
Middle part		– 80%
	The remaining work is in the pipeline. I guess I can order the
	next (and hopefully final) prototype at the end of next week.

All files are up at the project page and at Shapeways. You can get a
working – but not yet perfect – case now:
project page:	http://blog.slyon.de/3d-printed-gta04-case
Shapeways:	http://www.shapeways.com/shops/slyon

After I've finished and tested all the parts, I plan to provide a
compilation of all the files, so you can order your case as one product.
This will also reduce the price to the 40€-85€ promoted at the project page.

Thanks to all people who supported me with this project up to now,
either by donating some money or by ordering and testing the parts!

Cheers,

Lukas 'Slyon' Märdian