[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v40 for GTA04

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Mon Feb 20 00:07:39 CET 2012

On Sunday 19 February 2012 21:38:38 xdrudis wrote:

> I've tried also to enable fso, it downloaed software, told me to restart
> but I still don't have GSM after restart.

I think FSO does not have debian packages for GTA04 yet. It needed debian
testing/unstable anyways.

> If I try  minicom /dev/ttyHS_Application, I can't write or read anything.
> Maybe because it is in use. I'd like to know how to diagnose this...

	apt-get install lsof
	lsof /dev/ttyHS_Application

You might need to stop qtmoko (/etc.init/qtmoko-gta04 stop).

> GPS works outdoors but not indoors (only internal antenna), since I
> don't have internet contract, (and my modem isn't working) I don't
> have access to maps when I'm away.  So I have to look into preloading
> some maps and looking at how well it works. At first I only got my
> position painted in a world map, and it looked like, well, I must be
> somewhere between Poland, Britain and Sahara, more or less (and yes, I
> was there). But I saved a POI and when I got back home with internet I
> could download the map from osm and it had marked the right corner in
> the street I saved it. So It works as far as I can tell.

Great, btw if you browse the map once, it will not need internet anymore - all
watched tiles are saved locally in cache.

> And I've installed guessnet and copied and edited an
> /etc/network/interfaces file and wifi works (with propietary firmware :( )
> but it does not always connect at restart. Once it has had wifi
> immediately after
> restart and once it hasn't. I'll see how it goes as I keep using it...

For me wifi also does not work very well - to me it looks that is has quite
poor sensitivity.

> Btw, does qtmoko run all programs as root for some reason or it is
> just that it's waiting for me to create users ? Maybe I'm old fashioned
> but it feels odd to run a browser as root...

There is some security mechanism called SXE, but it's now disabled and i dont
know how it works.

I dont know if it is possible to run QtMoko programs as normal user...

Regards

Radek