[Gta04-owner] Modem crashing?

Marcel Holtmann marcel at holtmann.org
Fri Feb 17 16:56:03 CET 2012

Hi Butrus,

> > we already fixed this bug with CLCC polling inside oFono. That is not
> > the problem.
> >
> > The one thing that nobody realizes here is that this workaround comes at
> > a high price. You have to do constant polling while being in an active
> > call.
>
> Really _constant_? Would it be enough to wake once in 2 or 5 seconds
> (or so)? How much time would one "poll" take? If e.g. it would take
> say 100ms and you wake every 5 seconds (for example), the overall
> power consumption would be reduced drastically...

we poll every 500ms since that is the expected latency that we can
expect from a user. Anything less we result in bad user experience.

Would you be willing to wait 5 seconds before your display shows that
the remote party hung up the call?

And you need at least second precision for the call history.

Regards

Marcel