[Gta04-owner] Modem crashing?

NeilBrown neilb at suse.de
Fri Feb 17 10:24:33 CET 2012

On Fri, 17 Feb 2012 10:02:57 +0100 Marcel Holtmann <marcel at holtmann.org>
wrote:

> Hi Radek,

> > > either they have a call state notification command and never told you
> > > about it or this modem has never been used for voice calls.
> > >
> > > If anybody would have been serious about using this in a phone type
> > > device with voice calls, then a call state notification would exist. The
> > > polling is expensive and will drain your battery. In addition doing that
> > > on USB is not really battery friendly either.
> >
> > Btw you can detect that the call ended with arecord - the umts soundcard stops
> > sending data...
>
> this is all kinda nice stuff, but fundamentally we need an unsolicited
> notification that informs us about call state changes. Everything else
> is just wasted time.

I would have said that, fundamentally, what we need is people identifying
problems, searching for fixes or work-arounds, and creating solutions.

Grumbling about how useless the hardware is comes across and just wasted time
to me.

Thanks for all your contributions, but not for your complaints.

NeilBrown