[Gta04-owner] Modem crashing?

Marcel Holtmann marcel at holtmann.org
Wed Feb 15 17:21:48 CET 2012

Hi Radek,

> > Another idea for a workaround:
> > Does QtMoko have a timeout if a AT command does not respond with OK or
> > ERROR within let's say 2 seconds? You could then rescan the interfaces and
> > reopen the /dev/ttyHS? file.
>
> I think it can still be problem if modem disappears while we dont send
> anything. E.g. we can be waiting for another call.
>
> I think the most clean solution is to use netlink or libudev. Udev can notice
> device removal/new devices - we can use the same trick. While the device is
> removed we can suspend sending AT commands and when it's added we can resume.

that is not a clean solution by any means. If the TTY can't stay up you
really have some serious problems.

Try to run oFono and see if it encounters the same problem. If we trust
the other report than that just worked fine with oFono. At least with
all my Option cards I have never seen this.

You also need to figure out what really happens. Does the modem just
does a HUP on the TTY or does it actually reset. If it only does HUP
then you have some funky AT configuration commands in your Qtopia. Keep
in mind that the underlying modem is actually a Qualcomm one, so it will
have actually that behavior for V.250 commands.

Regards

Marcel