[Gta04-owner] Some questions about the GTA04A4

xdrudis xdrudis at tinet.cat
Sun Feb 12 15:55:38 CET 2012

On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 12:13:21PM +0000, Bob Ham wrote:

> > I knew

> > I didn't know. I thought efforts had stalled years ago .
>
> Unfortunately it has stalled; the last commit to the git repository
> pointed to on that page, was 17 months ago.

Well, I thought it was longer ago, and more importantly I thought
it was left without results. But the table in that page says everything
is done. It gave me the impression that it was completed, not abandoned

According to http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Test_Report
the firmware works on XO-1.5 in infraestructure and AP mode (and could work in mesh
if somethingin mac80211 is fixed).

So I thought if it didn't work on GTA04 was because the hardware or
software is somewhat different and could maybe be fixed.

In fact apparently it was done by http://cozybit.com (in California),
which might give some hope that they may accept work on adapting it to
gta04. It may cost some money, though. A board to begin with...