[Gta04-owner] Some questions about the GTA04A4

Jonathan Wilson jfwfreo at tpgi.com.au
Sat Feb 11 14:17:49 CET 2012

I have been following the GTA04 project and have some questions about the
hardware:
1.What UMTS frequency bands does the UMTS module in the GTA04A4 support? (I
cant find this information anywhere on the GTA04 site or via Google)
2.Which model PowerVR GPU does the GTA04A4 contain? What is the status of
drivers for it? Will it be like every other PowerVR mobile device in
existence and rely on binary userland libraries for the GPU or has the
GTA04 team found a way to produce an open source 3D driver for the GPU somehow?
and 3.Are there any other binary bits required for the hardware in the
device? (e.g. binary bits for the GPS or for WiFi/Bluetooth configuration
as seen on many other smartphones)

Will the GTA04A4 really be the worlds first 3G smartphone that requires NO
binary-only code running on the main Linux side for full functioning of the
hardware?