[Gta04-owner] /dev/ttyHS3 renames after resume to /dev/ttyHS6

Christoph Mair christoph.mair at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 23:56:20 CET 2012

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 10:14 PM, NeilBrown <neilb at suse.de> wrote:
> Does this Option module really have a GPS in it?  If so, why aren't we using
> it??

The Board was designed for a earlier version of the modem (GTM501
IIRC) which did not have GPS built in. At some point in time Option
discontinued this module and introduced the newer GTM601 with the same
size. We had to switch because the old one was discontinued and could
not be ordered anymore. Rewiring everything to use the new GPS
function would have been way to much trouble because the GPS
connectors (internal and external antenna) are on the top of the board
while the modem is located on the bottom. Getting the weak GPS signal
down there without being disturbed by all other components and traces
on the board is a difficult task. We did not want to delay everything
again.

If you want to use the integrated GPS, you can attach your own antenna
to solderpads below the display.

Christoph