[Gta04-owner] Flashing new GTA04 so that they work out of the box

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Fri Feb 10 10:55:15 CET 2012

On Friday 10 February 2012 10:30:48 Christoph Mair wrote:

> It may be possible to sell SD cards with preinstalled distros.
> Flashing them on demand is a lot more complex.

In what way is it complex? I was flashing QtMoko to NAND and it was fairly
trivial and fast something like:

1/ boot from SD card
2/ flash_erase
3/ nandwrite kernel, rootfs
4/ reboot

If you have SD card with everything prepared it can be matter of 10 minutes. I
can do SD card which will boot to GUI where you just press:

1/ install debian
2/ install SHR
3/ install anything else....

I know that advanced user can do this himself. But it will take hours for the
advanced user to figure it out. For someone not experienced with bash and linux
for someone who has not serial cable or if you don't have SD card reader it
can be impossible to boot GTA04 at all.

Regards

Radek