[Gta04-owner] Just some boring Userquestions

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Wed Feb 8 07:33:11 CET 2012

On Tuesday 07 February 2012 20:04:50 calypso at riseup.net wrote:

> 2) Then I tried to install QTMoko-gta04-v38. I followed the instructions
> on sourceforge and just left the /boot files from the first LXDE-install
> in place (MLO etc) replacing only uimage and configs. After that i
> deleted everything on the EXT-partition and un-tared the
> qtmoko-archive.
> Well, it started up but after date/time-configuration it always freezes
> with the "gray-clock-of-death" ;-).

:-) This is usually because of modem init failure. You can usually get the
detail if you ssh to the phone and do:

/etc/init.d/qtmoko-gta04 stop
. /opt/qtmoko/qpe.env
qpe

You might try new QtMoko v39 release - it should power on modem on GTA04A04
and has also integrated the gsm voice routing program.

Regards

Radek

[1] https://sourceforge.net/projects/qtmoko/files/GTA04/