[Gta04-owner] Updated kernel in qtmoko v38

Boudewijn wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 1 00:14:43 CET 2012

On Tuesday 31 January 2012 23:25:14 Radek Polak wrote:
> i have updated kernel in QtMoko v38 tarbal so that touchscreen works ok. If
> you have downloaded the tarbal please do it once more.

Thanks! I just made my first phone call with my new hardware. I read all the
confirmations of people actually making phone calls with their Phoenuxes, but
seeing is believing and hearing even more of course.

I didn't really have a conversation, with all the house asleep, but, thanks to
the delay I was able to have some small talk with myself at least. The delay
from Phoenux (caller) to landline (receiver) was about 4 sec, while the other
way around was almost instantly, which complies with the pipeline-cause
offered earlier.

As long as I don't call anyone and only receive calls, people might think me
slow-witted, but won't suspect my phone of any wrongdoing. Once I start
calling people I may or may not confirm their suspicion of my wits, but only
then people find out my phone is not an of-the-shelf product.

Thanks all involved, once more!

Boudewijn