[Gta04-owner] Debian/SD card installation instructions

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Sun Dec 23 01:34:09 CET 2012

so, to put it simply:
- create a single ext3 partition on teh sd card
- expand squeeze-lxde.tbz to that partition
- copy uImage to said partition's boot/
- remove /lib/modules/ and expand modules.tgz
- put sd card into GTA04
- power on

question: is ext3 required or will ext4 do, too?

since i possibly had something damaged while doing trial&error i created a
hw-validation sd (w/ makesd) and flashed again.

then created on a 8g sd card as described and w/ ext3, and it booted.
"even simpler" did not work, at least not with an old installation (not
makesd) with vfat as p1 and ext4 as p2 -- GTA04 always booted into flash,
pressing AUX showed menu, but all sd related options also booted flash.

did recreate the sd card like above and now it boots.