[Gta04-owner] Booting QtMoko

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Fri Dec 21 19:50:00 CET 2012

On Friday, December 21, 2012 06:57:46 PM Matias Jose Seco wrote:

> I've performed the operations described in the official README file:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/qtmoko/files/GTA04/README/download
>
> It was done through an SD reader of a notebook. As so it identified the
> SD card with sdb and not with mmcblk0p*, is this a problem?
> Another note: i've applied the boot flag of the first partition after
> concluding all the operations, does this take problems for booting the
> sd?
>
> Nevertheless,
> after experimenting the first boot, it appeared the penguin, then an
> image of an sdcard with qtmoko logo.
> Afterwards, it asked me to perform touch calibration, then time setting
> and finally started loading everything else but it stopped in a "please
> wait" status. As so i've switched it off.

Hmm this could be because of discharged battery, but hard to tell without
seeing log. You can try booting with USB cable plugged in - this could give
some more power to modem.

You can also try format the SD card and unpack the rootfs once again (just the
rootfs partition - no need to repartition it).

> Now, every time i turn on the phone, it stops at the sd card image with
> qtmoko logo:
> didn't it should start after touching it?

Yes it should.

If you can see the qtmoko icon it means that the kernel is started and the
rootfs was mounted - the icon is on target rootfs.

Can you try setup USB networking and check if you can SSH in?

If yes, can you try:

	ssh root at 192.168.0.202
	/etc/init.d/qtmoko-gta04 stop
	. /opt/qtmoko/qpe.env