[Gta04-owner] easy stroke for Debian on gta-04

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue Dec 11 08:36:41 CET 2012

Am 10.12.2012 um 22:21 schrieb Norayr Chilingarian:

> I don't know who maintains gta-04 version of Debian, and when the tablet will be in production, just a quick note that may interest the maintainers of that distribution.

> In this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfhP1cpGhHw where they run Ubuntu on an Acer tablet, they've used third party gesture recognition software, which is called "easy stroke". It allows to configure gestures, for example, for right click, which really helps using tablet without mouse.

Yes, some GUI like this is definitively needed to enable it for daily use.

> It may be installed in Debian distribution for gta-04 by default.

The current Debian/LXDE default system for the GTA04 project is quite basic just to demonstrate and test the device. Therefore it does not have many preinstalled packages. But you can just apt-get install what you would like. Or install gcc and compile on the machine.

I think this description should suffice:

<http://lifehacker.com/5049268/easystroke-makes-mouse-gestures-easy-in-linux>

What I don't know is if it can easily be integrated into the fully fledged smartphone distros SHR and QtMoko (which is Debian + Qt-based GUI).

About production: not this year :) And as usual it depends on the demand for such a device.

Tnx for this hint,