[Gta04-owner] Short circuit on USB in B-mode -> gta04 off

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Wed Aug 15 18:23:08 CEST 2012

Hi,

I accidentially had a short circuit on the usb plug from +5V to the
shield. That behaviour was not so expected. If the gta04 is
in software-controlled linear charging mode, the gta04 turns off and
does not turn on again. After some tries I removed the battery
and put it in again and it booted again and everything seems fine.

What does happen here? Does the protection circuit in the battery
power off the device or the twl4030 chip? Would I have an
explosion here if there was a standard BL-6C battery in the device?
Not that I plan to repeat that...
Maybe if there is the GTA04 -> GTA05 mainboard upgrade in my post
box ;-)

Greetings
Andreas Kemnade