[Gta04-owner] Modem voice hardware routing

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Sat Aug 11 10:40:39 CEST 2012

On Saturday, August 11, 2012 12:05:30 AM Paul Kocialkowski wrote:

> So what is the current state of hardware voice routing to the modem?
> Replicant still uses an old 3.2 kernel from Neil's repo, with the
> Android patches on top. Are there any patches that are needed to have
> hardware voice routing working? What are the controls to use, etc?

HW routing works perfectly. I am using it everyday. You need this [1] kernel
patch and this [2] alsa state file.

Just restore the state with:

	alsactl -f gsmearpiecehw.state restore

make a call and enjoy good quality echo free sound with loud volume. Maybe the
mic could be raised a bit - one friend of mine comlained he does not hear me
well, but he was the only one, so i didnt have enough motivation raising it
yet.

Regards

Radek

[1]